GENERAL SAFETY INFORMATION:
(1) Store essential oils in colored glass (we suggest amber). Keep them out of sunlight and tightly capped. Avoid contact with plastic, painted or varnished surfaces.
(2) Remember: Less is best. Using more than recommended will not speed up desired response.
(3) Do not use near the eyes and genitals, and do not take them orally.
(4) Excessive use may cause sensitization to the skin. Do a patch test before applying to the skin to ensure there is no sensitivity. If irritation occurs, wipe the affected area with a carrier oil (vegetable oil)
(5) Some essential oils may increase sensitivity to sunlight, such as Bergamot, Grapefruit, Lime, Lemon & Orange Bitter. Avoid direct exposure to sunlight for at least 4 hours after application.
(6) Pregnancy and breast feeding - Check with your physician and your aromatherapist before using any essential oil during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Oil blends may be used in a vaporizer or oil burner.
(7) Keep essential oils out of the reach of children. Be very cautious when using with children, using only the gentlest oils, such as Lavender, but in extremely small doses
(8) If essential oil is swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Have a glass of water or milk. Contact a doctor or hospital.
(9) Do not go to sleep with an oil burner candle lit. Always blow out before going to sleep.
(10) Do not leave an oil burner within reach of children. Do not leave an oil burner near combustible items i.e., curtains, nightwear, etc.
(11) Do not stop using treatments recommended by your medical professional. As essential oils are used to relieve temporary ailments, always seek the advice of a qualified health professional if symptoms persist. Not a substitute for any medication which has been prescribed by your medical physician.
PLEASE NOTE: The information provided on this page is for educational purposes only. The data is not considered complete and is not guaranteed to be accurate. Additional education is strongly encouraged by The Aromatherapy Place, Inc