Sale Items–Click Here!
Essential Oil Blends
Oil Burners / Diffusers
Aromatherapy Gift Sets
Bath, Body, Skin & Hair
Badger Lip & Body Balm
Vegetarian Soap Bars
Floral, Fruit & Herbal Waters
Vegetable Oils & Butters
Containers & Tools
Essential Oil Storage
Soluble Fragrance Oils
GENERAL AROMATHERAPY USES FOR ESSENTIAL OILS:
- Review our Safety Information page before using essential oils
- TISSUE INHALATION: The fastest and most direct method of application is to add 3 drops of your chosen essential oil or essential oil blend to a tissue and inhale. Do not touch the tissue to your nose.
- STEAM INHALATION: Add 4 drops to 32 fl oz of hot water. Close your eyes and cover your head with a towel. Inhale for for a total of ten minutes (you may need to come out from under the towel after a couple of minutes). Do not cover your head if asthmatic.
- OIL BURNER: Fill the bowl with water. Add 8 to 10 drops of essential oil or an essential oil blend from The Aromatherapy Place.
- NEBULIZER: Add your essential oil or essential oil blend to the glass nebulizing piece as instructed.
- DERMAL APPLICATION: Body oil or massage - essential oils and essential oil blends should always be diluted in a carrier oil or lotion before applying to the skin. They can be diluted in Vegetable Oils or Unscented Bath & Body Products from The Aromtherapy Place.The general ratio of essential oil to carrier oil should be 1 drop essential oil in 2ml carrier oil. (i.e. 5 drops in 10ml carrier oil)
- COMPRESS: Apply essential oils to a particular area of the body. Put 3 1/2 fl oz of water into a bowl. Add 4 to 5 drops of essential oil or essential oil blend. Soak a piece of material, wring it out and cover the affected area. Keep repeating this process and reapplying the compress for up to 30 minutes.
- BATH: Fill the bath with warm water. Add 4 to 6 drops of essential oil or essential oil blend. Agitate the water before entering the bath. If you are concerned about irritation on the skin, dilute the drops in an essential oil solubilizer or full cream-milk. Take care entering and exiting the bath.